Friday 6 February 2015

Things I really never learnt when I was growing up... And I still am


That people would get close to you only to make you what they would want you to be.

That life is not all about acceptance, that people do not understand that there can be two rights in living life.

That when people claim they are saying things for your good what they mean is why can't you just listen to what I am saying.

That no matter how much people let me down, I still continue to have newer relationships, which only goes to prove pain has not broken me.

That in the garb of being your well-wisher, people talk about their pains and how much greater it is than yours. Life is all about self-referencing, competing and comparing coping mechanisms.

That even when these very people turn around and tell me that I am living life all wrong, all I can do is to withdraw and hope everyone learns their lesson in their own good time.

That I never learnt that my imperfections have been my strengths and if others see it as my weakness, they are entitled to their opinion.

That it makes people very uncomfortable if they are not able to make their opinions accepted, and they put it down to the receiver's defenses.

That they may be right, but I am not wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment