Thursday 23 November 2017

Antiseptic
When I opened the spices box in the kitchen today morning, I found the turmeric powder had small insects in it. I was very surprised!  I thought turmeric is an antiseptic, and if that itself is getting infected I wondered what the way out would be. That set me thinking on a totally different line of thought, as usual, and almost burnt my toast in the process, but then that is a different story!
They say that the hurts inflicted by the near and dear ones hurts more than the ones by people who do not matter so much to you.  I actually can vouch for that.  How else do you explain the sheer disappointments you handle when you don’t have that one person calling you or being by your side when you need them the most?  You keep waiting for the door-bell to ring, for that one phone call that has the person at the other end, simply calling to say I care, I am here. You are meanwhile also fighting an internal battle, spurred by your latest knowledge of life and the living, gained from your spiritual texts or self-help books which says stop expecting from people, it’s not worth it.  Do your part without expecting anything in return.  All very well to say.  But how difficult to put it into action!
Life can be difficult without us dwelling on the have-nots I know.  And I guess my learning here would be complete only when I allow a little bit of cynicism to creep in when I form new bonds, and foster newer relationships, all the while being aware that once my role is over then whether I move on or not, the other person will, and I need to learn to accept it with grace.  But the problem is, would someone please tell the other person that the moving on also has to be done with grace? The dropping of the hot potato, the abrupt fading away, without any explanation whatsoever, all leaves so many question marks. 
MOHANA NARAYANAN
Date: unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment