Friday 13 September 2013

Me and Myself

I am sure all of us live on demands from the environment on a flip-flop mechanism.  We all have our shades of personality which do not tally or merge with a given situation and all of us have our masks that we put on for various roles.  They are however different from the thinking hats that are worn consciously for various functions of our actions.

But is it possible to completely change one's thinking, to alter one's style of functioning just to appeal to a crowd and be acceptable?  Will you be able to be true to yourself if you attempt to drop standards, bend rules you believe in, just so that you are accepted, you can blend in and be a run of the mill product?

I am told that I am very strong, and bold in facing challenges in life.  In fact, this seems to be a predominant trait in my personality, to the point where my strength and demeanor tend to intimidate people.  Each emotional mountain I have climbed has hardened me, but it has not dulled my sensitivity to life and the living.  But it has also made me set higher standards for myself, and for people who work with me.  Under such circumstances, if I appear to be too demanding or taxing, then the person who is at the receiving end would be expected to rise up to the query and use the situation as a learning experience, rather than shy away from the opportunity of self-growth.
 
If I need to molly-coddle others and appear gentler and hold hands, I really do not see it happening for the simple reason that this style of functioning is not part of my personality. The soft kernel may be there in me, but what I choose to share with the world is the hard outer shell, take it or leave it.  I am right now on a path of intrapersonal growth, and interpersonal issues are secondary for me and my life's goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment